Sex Ed Curriculum:
- The Trillium Party of Ontario does not endorse the current Sex Ed curriculum when the principle architect was/is a now CONVICTED CHILD SEX OFFENDER, former Deputy Education Minister, Ben Levin. The Program was initiated by Liberal Leader Dalton McGuinty, stopped by Dalton McGuinty, reintroduced by Liberal Leader Kathleen Wynne, opposed and then endorsed by PC Leader Patrick Brown, who forced the endorsement by the entire PC Caucus. This has also been endorsed by the entire Liberal/NDP Caucus.
- The curriculum should be based in hard health science, at a later grade, and should not be used as a tool for social engineering. Deputy Education Minister, Ben Levin, claims to have been the creator and director of the Sex Ed Curriculum. The Liberal government was comfortable endorsing this claim right up until Ben Levin was convicted on 4 counts of child pornography and imprisoned. This circumstance alone should be enough to have every parent “pump the brakes hard” to stop and review this curriculum in detail.
- It is the responsibility of Parents and immediate family to guide the moral sexual direction of their children, while keeping the Canadian values of tolerance and respect.
 Levin sent a memo on March 6, 2009 announcing he was taking direct charge of the province’s school curriculum. “Dear colleagues, I am writing to provide an update on our sector’s agenda. … I will be filling the ADM (assistant deputy minster) position previously held by George Zegarac,” he wrote. “The division formerly headed by George Zegarac will be renamed as ‘Learning and Curriculum.’ It will have responsibility for curriculum and for Special Education including Provincial Schools.”
A month later, he announced the first fruits of his labours: “Today, the ministry released its new equity and inclusive education strategy paper. … This province wide strategy has been a priority for our Minister of Education Kathleen Wynne and me.”
Two months further down the line he was claiming that the strategy, “Realizing the Promise of Diversity: Ontario’s Equity and Inclusive Education Strategy,” sets out a “vision for an equitable and inclusive education system.” The sex-ed curriculum that stirred a revolt among parents in 2010, with its premature instructions about abnormal sexual activity and its promotion of homosexuality, was an outgrowth of this “equity and inclusive education strategy” and designed to implement it in that subject area.
In a media interview later that year, Levin said, “I was the deputy minister of education. In that role, I was the chief civil servant. I was responsible for the operation of the Ministry of Education and everything that they do; I was brought in to implement the new education policy.” https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/child-sex-offender-ben-levin-said-himself-that-he-was-in-charge-of-crafting
- The Trillium Party believes:
- Tolerance, respect and acceptance should be part of every curriculum. These are recognized Canadian values.
- The current sex ed curriculum will be cancelled immediately while a comprehensive review will be implemented.
- Parents have the right and responsibility to pass on their values to there children and should not have to compete with the governments value system.
- The “opt out” option that Government is currently trying to sell us on, is nothing short of “reverse billing” which they themselves deemed to be Illegal. If anything, we believe the only way to respect the many diverse views, both religious and cultural, would be to have a possible “opt in” option.