Guiding Principles of the
THE TRILLIUM PARTY OF ONTARIO
The Trillium Party of Ontario shall be guided by the values and principles upon which Canada was founded, that place the rights of the individual above those of the state.
1. Every person has the inalienable right to the uninterrupted enjoyment of their life; to freedom of speech, freedom of association, and freedom to pursue their own just goals, and to the property that they justly acquire.
2. Government has an absolute duty to ensure that the rules that apply in Ontario protect the inalienable rights of every person against the actions of anyone – including person, group or company, and any agent of government or the courts
3. Government must manage public property and common assets in a way that benefits all citizens and that makes prudent provision for the future.
4. Government may support infrastructure and services that could not be adequately provided without government involvement or funding.
5. The family is an essential building block of society and it must b e protected against unwarranted intrusions by government.
6. Government will assist with the basic needs of those who can not help themselves.
NOT SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The Preamble and Principles listed above shall prevail over all policies of the Party and over any amendment to this Constitution.
The Trillium Party of Ontario shall respect the true value of the democratic process and commit to that process, so that all who join it, will have their voices heard.